This Tuesday's Teacher spotlight is on Ms. Norlin, 7th Grade Math teacher. She is a graduate of Florida State University - Go Noles!
Why did you become a teacher?
Teaching has always been in my heart, and originally I was going to be a music director/band teacher.
What was your favorite memory when you were in middle school?
- Band, Snow Skiing After School (Michigan), Ice Skating on Our Pool in the Winter, Dad helping me and neighborhood kids with math
If there was one thing you could tell your 13-year-old self, what would it be?
- Be loving, accepting, flexible with yourself, and others. Forgive. Laugh.
What is your favorite quote, and why?
Nature never breaks her own laws. Leonardi da Vinci - I like this because I have learned, by going through illness the doctors could not cure, that it is in people's best interest to take care of their body, mind, and soul. I have been blessed to learn many natural laws as a result of this and believe in everything there is cause and effect, whether we believe so or not. Turn to nature, learn from nature, use common sense, abandon judgment and be more accepting of the people and world around us. Change what you can. Embrace what you can't. Each situation can be a lesson, a gift, even when it doesn't feel really good in the moment.
What are a few fun facts about you that people might not know?
- Played Volleyball in the Snow While Snow Skiing
- Met President Clinton's stepdad and had dinner with his stepdad while in Arkansas
- Marched in Bicentennial Parade in Washington, D.C.