The purpose of IB World Wednesday is to share information about the IB Learners profile and how our students incorporate them into the eight subject groups. Over the first semester, we have shared each IB Learner Profile Trait. Now we will review the eight subject groups. They are:
- Language acquisition
- Language and literature
- Individuals and societies
- Physical and health education
Today, we are highlighting Design. Design challenges all students to:
- apply practical and creative thinking skills to solve design problems
- explore the role of design in both historical and contemporary contexts
- consider their responsibilities when making design decisions and taking action.
MYP design focuses on a holistic design process rather than final products and solutions.