Today's Tuesday Teacher is Mrs. Gilmore! Mrs. Gilmore is a 6th Grade Language & Literature and Student Success Coach. She is a graduate of the University of South Florida and has taught 8 years, four at Walker.
What is your favorite quote, and why?
- "Just do it already!" So many times, we talk about doing things or talk ourselves out of things. JUST DO IT!
What are your goals in teaching your students? What do you hope to achieve?
- To help make them productive adults and great humans. I hope they are a little better when they leave than when they got here.
If there was one thing you could tell your 13-year-old self, what would it be?
- It will all work out in the end.
What is your fondest memory in your years of teaching at WMM?
- There isn't just one. I love my co-workers feel like friends and family!
What are 2 or 3 fun facts about you that your students and/or co-workers might not know?
- I'm actually a bit of an introvert. I love to travel. I am a big softy.
Birthday: 12/21 (Happy Belated Birthday!)
Favorite snacks: Both salty and sweet! Chips, kettle popcorn, Snickers, Twizzlers
Favorite Drinks: Dunkin Coffee, Mountain Dew, Coke
Favorite Take Out Restaurant: Any
Favorite Restaurant: Olive Garden
If I received a gift card, I would love one from: Target/Publix
What I would love to have in my classroom: Nothing right now.
Thank you, but I don't need anymore: Trinkets